Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Photographer Project

A new project that we got was the Photographer project! What we have have to do is pick a photographer that is well known, right a short report on them, and then take pictures in their style. Sometimes students recreate their pictures, other times students just take pictures in that photographer's personal style. The project itself differs between the grade 11's and grade 12's; the grade 11's need to choose a dead photographer and copy their style, while the grade 12's have to choose a living photographer. Once we have chosen our photographer, taken the pictures, and then done our report, we have to do a presentation on them, showing our pictures next to theirs, and talking about them with the information that we have found. 

At first, I didn't know who I was going to choose. There were a lot of styles that I could choose from, but I wanted to choose a photographer whos style was one I haven't really gone into; portraiter. My teacher gave me a few photographers to look at. As she Googled them on my computer, I saw one that I absoluelty loved; Erwin Olaf. His style is very theatrical, and explores issues of gender, sexuality, humor, despair and grace in each of his many series. The series of his that I am going to recreat are 'Paradise Portraits', 'Fashion Victims', and 'Squares'.

{Here is a link to Olaf's website}

No comments:

Post a Comment