Friday, January 21, 2011

Salvation Army

So a while ago we went to volunteer for the Salvation Army. My teacher was lead to believe that we were going to be working with the homeless one-on-one with them, or in the soup kitchen, so that's what she told us we were going to do. So this made me very excited for a certain reason; I was going to photograph and interview some of the homeless that I was going to be around. Before we got to the Salvation Army location, we had a bit of time to just walk around and take our own photographs.

When we got to the Salvation Army, however, we were told otherwise; we were not allowed to photograph anyone in the shelter, and that we wouldn't be working with the homeless. Instead, we were split into 2 groups; one group was handing out hot chocolate to people who donated to the Salvation Army, and the other group, which I was in, was brought into a room to sort out donated items for Christmas gifts for the homeless. These are a few pictures I took when I was walking around.




1 comment:

  1. Great series of photos anyways. Too bad it didn't work out the way we had hoped.

    ReplyDelete